- 207799 - Assembler
- Up to $18.25 DOE
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 4 (four) Assemblers for a contract opportunity in Walton, KY.
Performs a range of skilled repetitive assembly and cleaning operations to produce quality products in a timely manner; performs operations from work instructions.
Understand and follow Landing Systems procedures,
operating manuals, work instructions, and standard operating procedures required to support Landing Systems.
• Receiving and electronically logging in receipt of worn heat
stacks, verifying purchase order, part number, quantity, etc.
• Qualified to perform inspection of worn carbon disks; inspection
of worn carbon requires initial operator qualification/certification
with annual re-certification (Inspection)
• Load and sequence disks to support the production plan for
riveting and kitting MPS (Washer)
• Assemble metal hardware to carbon/carbon disks as required for
riveting operation (Riveting)
• Accurate operation of precision dimensional measuring
instruments (Riveting & Kitting)
• Kit heat stacks for customer order fulfillment as required (Kitting)
• Picking, packing, and data entry of outbound shipment on a
weekly basis (Kitting)
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment
• Utilize data collection systems to accurately
document/monitor/track production processes/products
• Perform minor preventive equipment maintenance
• Safe operation/use of production, material handling, and other
• Support and follow Quality, Safety, Environmental, Process,
Engineering, and Personnel procedures/policies
• Communicate ideas/opportunities for continuous improvement
• Trained to work at the Repair workstation
• Perform other related duties as required
• Perform duties requiring kneeling, reaching, standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 pounds periodically
• Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for
safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial
• Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration,
oils and other related industrial hazards
• Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature
• Contributing to Team Success
• Planning and Organizing
• Quality Orientation
• Work Standards
Accredited High School Diploma or GED.
Non-Rotating 12 hr 2-2-3 schedule (No rotating days/nights every 8 weeks)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.