- 207829 - Weight & Mass Properties Engineer 3
- Oklahoma City
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Weight & Mass Properties Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Oklahoma City, OK.
*This position is HYBRID, 3 days onsite,.
The Mass Properties team is looking for an individual with experience in aircraft weight and balance analysis. In addition, this position will require the ability to comprehend contract statement of work requirements, define task execution details, estimate task durations, and schedule and monitor team task execution.
• Develop complex weight, balance and mass properties data
• Determine approaches to developing data and analyses and comparing results
• Participate in developing program and customer specification requirements
• Estimate, calculate and measure and verify mass, weight, stiffness and inertias of components, assemblies and completed vehicles or systems
• Develop and maintain weight, balance and mass properties accounting systems and generate weight and balance reports
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
• 3+ years of experience in weights and mass properties engineering
• Experience using CATIA or similar design modeling tool
• 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Aircraft weight and balance report generation
• Understanding of Boeing commercial derivative aircraft (707, 737, 747, 757, 777, 787) or similar platform interior compartments and standard aircraft primary/secondary hardware and aircraft system components
• Large aircraft weighing experience
• CATIA (V5) experience
• Aircraft control surface weighing experience
• PC platform computer skills is highly desired, especially with Excel and Word
• Possess good interpersonal communication skills (written & verbal) in a team-oriented environment
• Experience leading teams or projects
• Ability to interact professionally with customer, supplier, field & production representatives
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information. HYB
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.