- 207845 - Field Technician
- Up to $28.17 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Field Technician for a contract opportunity in Orlando, FL.
This position is 100% onsite.
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Performs a variety of maintenance and technical support on products such as equipment, integrated systems and subsystems, and software at customer and/or field locations. Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance. Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time. Installs, upgrades and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications and relations. May provide onsite training of customer support personnel.
- Ability to understand schematics, generate rework instructions, diagnose faults and troubleshoot all-up assemblies to the LRU level and circuit cards down to the component level.
- Experience with soldering surface mount (SMT) and through hole components to PWBs
- Trained in IPC specification J-STD-001.
- Uses microscope to verify correct part placement and orientation, manually align parts before soldering and perform post re-flow inspection and touch-up.
- Must be able to read instructions and identify standard SMT components.
- Able to identify and touch up poor wetted solder joints, solder voids / insufficient solder, solder shorts/ bridges, misaligned parts / leads, components and any out solder defects that may occur during the SMT operation.
- Ability to perform electrical measurements and analysis using a variety of tools, measurement, and test equipment (Multimeters, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzers, network analyzers and waveform generators)
4/10 work schedule
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.