- 207959 - Linux Systems Administrator 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- Up to $99.97 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator 3 for a contract opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations
Support bare-metal and virtual machines
- Coordinate actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams and hardware engineers
- Recommend and implement performance-enhancement, reliability-enhancement, and automation
Install hardening and patching Linux operating systems
- Troubleshoot end-user issues; developing and documenting technical procedures.
- Primary system administration duties reside in classified environments; proto-typing, testing, and proof-of-concept work done in an unclassified environment when possible.
The selected candidate will:
- Be proficient working from a command-line environment
- Able to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments
- Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various other languages
- Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments
- Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required
- Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments
- Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management
- Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations
- Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work after hours and weekends as needed
- Associate's degree and 11 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience OR Master's degree and 7 years of experience; 13 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree
- IAT Level II certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
Experience with Linux OS
- Redhat System Administration certification(s)
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux OS
- Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher; CDOT)
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels
- Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; Experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs
Networker backup and restore experience
High school diploma is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.