- 207999 - Software Engineer 4
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 4 for a contract/hybrid opportunity in Seattle, WA.
*This position is HYBRID, 3 days onsite - Tues/Wed/Thurs.
You will provide strategic Cloud architectural leadership while guiding a DevOps team across multiple software projects. In this key leadership role, you will work closely with Solution Architects and software engineers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment across the globe as we produce new Training Solutions software capabilities as part of the Global Aviation Safety Initiative. You will work closely with internal scrum teams to assess customer and application requirements, implement Cloud Architecture & DevOps principles, and provide architecture guidance around cloud-native services, infrastructure and DevOps. You will ensure application requirements are met, and security & quality are never compromised, while your cloud designs are cost-conscious. As a go-to resource for cloud expertise within the organization, you will be sharing your knowledge with partners across the organization. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to deliver strong results across a variety of assignments; possesses a high capacity for learning agility and the ability to effectively engage globally across all levels of stakeholders throughout The Company to achieve optimal business outcomes.
• Translate business requirements and design innovative solutions in multi-cloud, multi-region, highly available environments
• Interactively work with Product Management, UxD, and SW-development leads to design and architect cloud solutions and related features and user stories
• Design and communicate cloud architectures / cloud features to agile development teams and validate implementation
• Plan, roadmap and own the crafted Cloud architecture for implementation and perform a feature decomposition within a Scaled Agile development environment
• Maintain a strong security posture in infrastructure and application deployments and development environments
• Design and Automate the deployment of cloud infrastructure in CI/CD pipelines and leverage cloud-native services to support application deployment & development
• Stay ahead of new cloud technologies and offerings and resolve how to integrate into existing architectures
• Mentor technical team members across different teams about cloud standard processes, including training and demos and educate new-to-cloud team members
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
AZ 400, Cloud architecture certificate
- Extensive experience with Cloud based Security, policy automation, Active Directory Integration, KeyStore, Managed Services, App Monitoring, DevOps.
- Experience in Cloud Native architectures containerized services/server less.
- Expert level in DevSecOps tools and processes to include, but not limited to Git, JFrog Artifactory, Jenkins and HashiCorp Products.
- Experience with observability products (such as ELK stack, EFK Stack, Azure monitor, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.)
- Have experience in ALM tools (GitLab, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, SonarQube, Ansible, ClearCase).
- Good hands on in Azure DEVOPS or any other Devops lifecycle
• 5+ years of shown ability in cloud engineering, with a specialty in Microsoft Azure
• At least 5 years of working experience in a Sr. DevSecOps capacity
• Be a clear and confident communicator to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
• Experience / Know-How in Business Cases / Business Plans for designing cloud architectures
• Experience in automating the management of large-scale infrastructure. The candidate should have vast experience in systems automation, orchestration, deployment, and implementation (Dev Ops processes, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CI/CD environments, etc.)
• Possess knowledge of cloud security resources
• Possess a confirmed understanding of container orchestration and microservices
• Experience with networking in cloud environments
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.