- 208071 - Embedded Software Engineer 2
- $37.37 to $46.86 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking three Embedded Software Engineer 2's for a contract opportunity in Beavercreek, OH.
o Design and build embedded software prototypes to demonstrate new concepts for virtualizing processor hardware on modern platforms.
o Leverage embedded programming skills to run real-time software from aircraft, ships, and other military applications inside a virtual machine.
o Research and develop techniques for automatically generating software from a model
o Work as part of a talented team to solve challenging problems that have real-world impact.
o Proactively interact with customers by presenting project status, technical findings and technical demonstrations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical STEM and two years of applicable experience.
• Software Configuration management
• Experience with Linux/Unix programming and command line
• C/C++ programming experience
• Understanding of Computer Architecture
• Experience with Assembly programming
• Demonstrated technical writing and oral communication skills
• Experience with I/O programming: Ethernet, Serial, MIL-STD-1553, or other
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a member of a software development team.
• Familiar with Agile processes
• Experience with Software Development Tools: VS Code, git, Rally
• Familiarity with PowerPC programming or instruction set
• Familiarity with VxWorks
• Familiarity with x86 programming or instruction set
• Familiarity with WindRiver Tornado or Workbench
• Experience programming in Python
• Experience using Jenkins or similar tools
• Experience using static code analysis tools such as SonarQube, Fortify, etc
• Experience with the embedded operating systems such as the Green Hills Software Integrity OS
• Experience with Object-Oriented development and UML based design development tools such as IBM Rhapsody
• Experience with software test tools such as Vectorcast.
• Experience as Agile Scrum Master or Product Owner
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.