- 208091 - Aircraft Service Technician
- CA-Central California
- Edwards AFB
- Up to $60.38 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Aircraft Service Technician for a contract opportunity at Edwards AFB, CA.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
- Maintenance Data Center personnel shall support Flight Operations through the update, retrieval, and recommended updates to Technical Data as required by Ground Operations Procedures to assist Maintenance personnel in support of T-7 aircraft
- Maintenance Data Center personnel shall support aircraft flight activities through the use of the Aircraft Flight Reporting System (AFRS) and the BIT data analysis through the Integrated Maintenance Information System (IMIS) platform
- Maintenance Data Center/Debrief personnel shall perform aircrew debriefing functions to include video download and storage for later review and analysis by Manufacturing Engineering, System Engineering IPTs, Mission Systems, Project Management, Client, DCMA, and Customer aircrew personnel
- Maintenance Data Center personnel shall also support these activities through the use of mission loads and video checkout activities
- Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required
- Investigates simple technical, maintenance, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer
- Assists in troubleshooting to understand root cause. Receives customer reports and correlates to established criteria for reportable events
- Provides reports and assistance in researching event to determine safety implications
- Develops routine in-service correspondence for continued safe and efficient operation and maintenance of equipment
- Initiates routine quality investigations
- Coordinates limited technical communications between customers, suppliers and Client resources to assure customer requirements are met
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
- 1+ years of experience in a military aircrew or in an aircraft maintenance career field
- Basic understanding of computer operations and functionality
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Military aircrew experience and/or avionics maintenance experience
- Basic understanding of Technical Manual publication structure
- Knowledge of military maintenance practices
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities; plan and organize tasks to ensure tasks are completed in accordance with quality standards and established delivery schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are vital for effective performance
- Customer and Stakeholder Interface
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
FULL TIME/SECOND SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Willing to work weekend overtime
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.