- 208131 - Test & Evaluation Integrated Specialist 4
- Tinker AFB
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test and Evaluation Integrated Specialist 4 for a contract opportunity at Tinker AFB, OK.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
Maintains equipment and systems by removing, replacing, repairing and upgrading components. Troubleshoots problems to isolate faulty components. Conducts complex functional tests by operating equipment and using appropriate test equipment. Performs a variety of inspections as required by equipment maintenance documents. Documents maintenance and inspections actions as required. Trains and resolves problems for less experienced technicians. Leads in the design, development, buildup, test, integration and support of computing tools, software, systems and networks for design, simulations, test systems and environments, test computing elements and laboratory/test networks. Leads and directs the development and presentation of plans for test computing environments. Leads and directs the development, design and execution of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP). Performs system analysis of specialized and highly complex test computing systems, networks and software and provides recommendations and consultation to customers and stakeholders. Works under minimal direction.
- Perform daily complex troubleshooting and repair of Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and Shop Replaceable Units (SRUs).
- Detailed soldering experience highly desirable. On-aircraft troubleshooting and component repair in communications and/or avionics is desired along with experience with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment.
- Hands-on experience with Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, and Multi-meters is essential.
- Understand and be involved in the development of engineering drawings, processes, and Air Force Technical Orders (TOs).
- Develop functional test procedures for aircraft LRU and SRU repairs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve mission communication system problems with fielded hardware installed on the aircraft.
- Documents complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Will work closely with a variety of engineering and non-engineering disciplines to provide engineering solutions for the E-4B SHF and other systems.
- Coordinates with supplier management and engineering for redesigns and complex engineering requirements.
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
- Component Level Maintenance
- Test Equipment
- Practical on-aircraft and back-shop experience will weigh more heavily than academic experience.
- 10 years aircraft or back-shop avionics or related experience
- Leadership skills desired
Accredited AA degree in Aerospace related field or Electronics training, AS degree in the field of Electronic Technology or equivalent aircraft or back-ship avionics troubleshooting experience is desirable. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Domestic Travel 5% to San Antonio, TX or Omaha, NE.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ALL SHIFTS
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.