- 208150 - Complex Multi-Axis Master Machinist
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Canoga Park
- Up to $41.03 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 (two) Complex Multi-Axis Master Machinists for a direct hire opportunity in Canoga Park, CA.
Perform multi-position/contour machining of parts, assemblies and tooling comprised of a variety of materials including nickel-based super alloys. Setup and run multiple axis machine tools (including Horizontal Boring Mills, Mill-Turns, VTMC's, 3+ axis mills) capable of milling, turning, drilling, etc. to machine parts and assemblies to required dimensions and tolerances.
This posting may represent one or more specific immediate or near-term openings. Those who express an interest may be considered for current and future positions.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications, MOR Books, sketches, engineering orders, work instructions, charts, graphs and other source documents to determine the methods and sequence of operations for the machining of parts and materials and tooling.
- Perform mathematical calculations using shop math, geometry and trigonometry to layout center lines, reference points, machining guide lines and angular dimensions on materials, parts, assemblies and tooling for machining processes.
- Apply a working knowledge of machining characteristics of various materials and metals to pre-set cutting tools on the machine. Adapt and/or improvise tooling where standard tooling is unavailable.
- Set up and adjust machine controls to include speeds, feeds and depth of cut, and proper axis to meet configuration requirements. Perform off-line and in-process machine setups.
- Operate multi-position machines and perform contouring, profiling, turning, back spot facing, boring, milling, drilling, slotting and tapping on materials, parts, assemblies and tooling. - Proof numerical control (NC) programs and first article work.
- Use hand, power tools and precision measuring instruments to check work in progress and final product for conformance to dimensional, configuration and surface finish requirements and tolerances.
- Collect on machine statistical process control (SPC) data relative to machining operations. Record data and statistics manually or with the aid of a computer or computer-based system
Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Work may require the ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.) in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary.
Accredited High School Diploma or GED.
This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.