- 208195 - QC Technician I
- Up to $19.50 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a QC Technician I for a contract opportunity in Middletown, VA.
Responsible for all quality control aspects of finished product testing. Ensure that performance of finished product is in compliance with testing standards per IFU and SOP's in addition to customer requirements and regulating agencies' guidelines. Documentation control duties per Quality Assurance compliance requirements.
• Review and maintain product compliance specifications, documentation control.
• Gain proficiency on all testing areas.
• Documentation of testing results and determining disposition.
• Maintain consistency in training in Master Control.
• Establish and maintain SOP criteria for inspection/testing.
• Responsible for maintaining department equipment and requesting consumables as needed.
• Exercise and monitor GMP compliance in work environment.
• Work closely with Quality Assurance department as a quality team.
• Work in conjunction with Customer Service Representatives to achieve on time product releases for standing orders and special products.
• Work with the continuous improvement program within the department.
• Work closely with a team in a fast paced laboratory setting.
• Understand and exercise all safety requirements and procedures.
• Assists in maintaining standards in accordance with GMP's/SOP's and ISO regulations.
• Performs routine environmental monitoring and critical utility sampling.
• Performs routine microbiology assays.
• Participate in achieving department goals.
• Support all company policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Execute Stability Study testing in accordance with QA requirements.
• Familiarity with FDA regulations for medical devices preferred.
• Possess the ability to manage many tasks and in an organized fashion.
• Able to communicate effectively with a variety of departments regarding quality testing parameters.
• Possess intermediate computer skills, preferably with experience in Microsoft word to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs. Experience working in SAP is a plus.
• Listen to, and follow, written and verbal instructions in English.
• Able to adapt and to learn new procedures and to maintain a scientific and objective approach.
• Self-motivated, highly responsible and possess a good teamwork spirit.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English
• Preferred someone studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences.
• Some knowledge or schooling of course work in microbiology with a laboratory or a Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of microbiology lab experience.
• Must be available to work weekend shifts when needed.
• Accredited High School Diploma/ GED required.
Full-Time; Sun - Thu 7 am - 3:30 pm.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.