- 208202 - Buyer II
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer II for a contract opportunity in Carlsbad, CA.
In this role you will have full responsibility for a subset of our supply base in terms of implementing purchase orders, presenting forecast changes, and working to resolve delivery challenges. You will also collaborate with the larger global Sourcing team to help identify and drive cost savings ideas and look for opportunities to increase our relationship with our strategic supply base. The ability to problem-solve, negotiate, and analyze supplier performance data will be essential.
The Site Buyer also plays a key role in sharing key delivery updates to the Production Schedulers and site Operations leadership team as we work to deliver to our customers during a time of outstanding growth!
Finally, we would look for your support in navigating source changes from one supplier to another as well as supporting the procurement activities associated with new product launches.
• Min 2-3 years of experience in Purchasing / Supply Chain / Procurement / Sourcing
• Experience in MRP / ERP systems required
• Comfortable in MS Excel
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills
• CPM, APICS, CPIM certification preferred
• Global procurement experience
• Experienced in working with contract manufacturers
• Knowledge of FDA regulations and Lean manufacturing preferred
• Experience in supplier change and new product development procurement activities
• Experience in project management
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field or equivalent work experience.
Full-Time; Mon-Fri First Shift.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen check. Must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.