- 208209 - Electronic Technician I
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 (two) Electronic Technicians for a contract opportunity in Cincinnatti, OH.
Performs a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas. This must include use of manual and automated test equipment (volt-amp meters, oscilloscopes, signal test generators, power supplies, counters, etc.). Advanced knowledge of computerized test equipment is required.
• Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences.
• Constructs, troubleshoots, tests, and maintains electromechanical, mechanical, optical, pneumatic,
hydro mechanical, and pressure-type measuring and indicating instruments, devices, or systems as
• Uses hand and small power tools, various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
• Record test data, maintain test data file system, shop routing documentation and accept/reject data for production & some engineering units. Assist in determining if failure is attributed to product or test equipment.
• Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems as needed.
• Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
• Work overtime may as necessary to complete required work assignment with little or no advance notice. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers
• Working knowledge (formal training and practical experience) of engineering drawings, wiring
diagrams, and electronic schematics.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of electronic components and the necessary skills to perform
troubleshooting at the PWB component level.
• Familiarity with the use of spectrum analyzers, power meters and signal generators desired.
• Experience with report writing programs a plus.
• A two year Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent training and 5 years previous work experience.
3/12-Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 6 am - 6:30 PM
**Orientation will occur the first week of employment and will be different from normal schedule. Orientation schedule will be Monday through Friday from 7 AM - 5:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.