- 208233 - Production Supervisor
- $22.56 to $30.01 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton Ross is seeking a Production Supervisor for a contract opportunity in Riverside, MO.
Assist plant superintendent by assuring that the assigned production department is operated in the most profitable and efficient way through proper utilization of assigned manpower, materials, equipment and space. The position is responsible for organizing all assigned resources to produce products according to the current schedule, and according to the approved quality standard.
- Supervise production team members performing production operations and must have thorough knowledge regarding the team member handbook, safety manual, all rules, programs and procedures that pertain to production team members.
- -Responsible for orientation and on the job training of team members in the safe, efficient operation of equipment.
-Instills good housekeeping of their immediate work area in all employees so that visitors may be received in the plant at any time.
Evaluate team members based on attendance, performance, attitude, potential, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining manpower within the assigned department at authorized levels.
- Re-assigns team members on 'down equipment' to eliminate unfavorable labor variances.
- Observes production operation within their area of control to ascertain compliance with methods, quality standards, safety regulations, production standards, and efficient operation of equipment: takes corrective action to eliminate any deviation.
- Continuously analyzes the assigned area of responsibility for improved methods of production, tool design communication and reporting, cost controls and makes recommendations to plant superintendent for disposition.
- Consults with team members regarding on the job problems to include low production, poor quality, poor attendance, tardiness, etc.
- Documents any and all problems and provides action plans to plant superintendent for disposition.
- In case of emergency, direct team member to their assigned safe area.
- Process all required forms in a timely manner for payroll and Human Resources (i.e. employee status form, timecards, PTO sheets, EIRP reward, etc.).
- Contact Engineering and Maintenance for required repair work.
- With the Plant Manager and Operation Manager, study operation where cost standards are not being met to determine causes and apply corrective action.
- Assist assigned team members in understanding the need for teamwork to attain departmental and objectives.
- Support and carry out corporate philosophy and vision.
- Attend safety and quality meetings when needed.
- Actively participate in Health/Safety/Environmental investigations and the 8D process in order to develop root cause analysis for problem resolution.
- Ensure required Safety Audits are complete for you and your team.
- Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies, and inform supervisor of known HSE&E conditions which could adversely effect other team members, assets or to the public.
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures and ensure safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
- Must be able to evaluate color.
- Will follow and promote environmental management system compliance and commitment to resource conservation.
- EHS Job Responsibilities: Documentation of injury reports.
- Complete statements as needed. Participation with the Accident Investigation team.
- Conduct safety audits weekly and monthly. Ensure safety standards are met.
- Have safety audits completed on a timely basis.
- Complete safety related work orders.
- Participate in safety communications weekly/monthly events such as plant wide meeting, pre-shift meeting, department meetings, and training exercises.
- Any miscellaneous duties as assigned by Dept. Mgr.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent English communication skills Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate employees in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs.
- -Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes.
Duties also include assisting in the day-to-day management of the Environmental Management System.
- Following all environmental work instruction and / or cleaning up spills or other duties required of the Environmental 1st Response Team. Typically requires 2-3 years of relative experience and education.
- The job description outlined above is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities.
- It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties form time to time.
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Accredited High School Diploma required.
6:00AM to 6:00PM Friday and Saturday
6:00PM to 6:00AM Sunday and Monday
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.