- 208256 - Configuration/Data Management Specialist 3
- Colorado Springs
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Configuration/Data Management Specialist 3 for a contract/hybrid opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
*This position is HYBRID, 3 days onsite.
Researches, analyzes, and compiles technical data for company products and system-level concepts in the projected operational environments to optimize effectiveness over the program lifecycle. Applies systems engineering processes, methodologies and tools to the design of system of systems, systems and new product development. Derives and develops architectures, functional requirements, refinements and product designs. Assists in the integration of technical, cost, value, risks and specialty engineering considerations into definition of the product. Interfaces with other members of the project or program teams, management, sales and marketing staff, customers and suppliers to meet group, organization and company objectives. Performs technical planning and control; maintains and improves processes and software tools. Trains and instructs others. Works under general direction.
• Use CM knowledge to develop, recommend, and maintain CM practices, policies, and procedures to support planning, identification, preparation, reviewing, releasing, controlling, changing, and providing the status of all technical data related to the system or equipment under configuration control.
• Establishes the goals of the CM process and effectively coordinates with appropriate personnel to ensure any configuration changes are: identified, tracked throughout the life cycle management, status of each item is known
• Review released engineering change data and documents changes to ensure adherence to CM practices, policies, and procedures and with the required Configuration and Data Management Plan.
• Maintains / enforces procedures and processes to ensure compliance with company and contractual requirements
• Contributes to the development and refinement/improvement of Configuration and Data Management standards, processes and tools; leads implementation of these items
• Interprets and enforces Configuration Management and Data Management requirements for product hardware, software and engineering design data systems throughout the product lifecycle.
• Train and distribute information to technical and managerial staff on CM practices, policies, and procedures.
• Processes changes throughout the entire lifecycle of a change, change request receipt, coordination with the mandatory evaluators, tracking, board support, directive generation and action tracking to closure.
• Leads and/or participates (as appropriate) in Hardware and Software Configuration Control Boards and other functions as needed; provides CM support for all change boards, panels and technical meetings as needed.
• Assists the development of change proposals.
• Interprets and enforces Configuration and Data Management requirements for product hardware, software and engineering design data systems that span multiple engineering functions throughout the product lifecycle.
• Develops and maintains Configuration and Data Management customer deliverables.
• Tracks and reports data to monitor adherence to regulatory, configuration and contractual requirements.
• Supports development of media, Software product end items, and other baseline deliverables to the Customer.
• Administers configuration management activities related to identification, control and accounting for engineering documents, parts, and BOMS for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Participates in reviewing engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality assurance and manufacturing to ensure compliance with customer requirements and Company policy.
• Maintains procedures for (1) storage, retention and destruction of company records, and (2) processing, storing and retrieving current and historical design, technical and programmatic documents according to project, customer and company practices and requirements.
• Provides visibility to the nature of each change, the system or process impact, and traceability of not only the current revision but the past fielded system versions and future planned revisions through the Change Control Board process (organization or customer driven).
• Perform periodic reviews and verify version release configuration items.
• Plan, document, execute, schedule and conduct jointly with Quality Assurance personnel and the Government customer System Verification Reviews (SVR)/Functional Configuration Audits (FCA) and Physical Configuration Audits (PCA)
• Couriers (in local area) and receives/sends classified data in collaboration with local security personnel; this may involve the creation of classified media
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
• Knowledge of CM as related to DoD contracts and knowledge of government contract technical products and services.
• Familiarity with markings, formatting, and handling of documentation (both classified and unclassified).
• Proven ability in processing CDRLs/SDRLs and other Data Deliverables in accordance with the Contract SOW, Form 1423s, DIDs and applicable Industry Standards.
• Ability to ensure that customer and subcontractor requirements are implemented
• Experience in reading and releasing engineering drawings and documentation.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated analytical skills.
• Ability to works under minimal direction.
• Ability to work independently but also as a team player in a fast-paced environment and interface successfully with Project personnel and technical leads as well as personnel at varying levels of management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to manage time and meet the many reporting and task deadlines.
• 5+ years of experience with Configuration Management and Product Data Management processes and tools
• 5+ years of experience defining, interpreting, and enforcing Configuration and Data Management requirements for product hardware, software and engineering design data systems throughout the product lifecycle.
• 5+ years of experience providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, developing solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
• Proficient with Atlassian Tools including Confluence and Jira
• Experience using the TopVue portal for technical data submissions to the Government
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
up to 10% domestic travel to LA/El Segundo
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.