- 208269 - Test & Evaluation Engineer 2
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test & Evaluation Engineer 2 for a contract opportunity in Ogden, UT.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting in demonstrating the effectiveness of test methods.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supporting testing from outside venders
• Shock & Vibration.
• Being able to set up a task from task plans and procedures.
• Having the ability to work through that task and work with team members.
• Data analysis related to that testing
• General ability to lead a team to conduct a test, compilation of test sequence, monitor progress of the test, and record test activities while being able to accommodate / troubleshoot / maintain any unforeseen events that occur during the test
• General knowledge and proficiency in the operation, integration, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of automatic test equipment
• General knowledge across a wide range of environmental effects and electronic, electrical, software engineering disciplines
• Support development of test debrief material
•Participate in evaluation of test performance data
• Collect the data and provide recommendation to break/alter configuration
• Perform special test procedures as required to support failure investigation
•Prepare for next test activities or events based on results
•Design component and sub-assembly level hardware or software as specified by the Statement of Work
• Use analytical tools to verify the design
•Assist in coordinating the manufacture and assembly of test hardware
• Generate simple test plans or aspects of more complex plans
• Interface with internal contacts, decompose information from requirements and Statements of Work to formulate basic test approaches
• Review standards and regulations to assess the impact on the test plan
• Develop test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and or document the test stand and existing configuration
•Prepare test configuration work instructions and detailed change orders
• Coordinate the staging of test hardware
• Participate in test readiness reviews, safety reviews and data/control systems checkout to minimize risk
• Perform calibrations and system check-out/validation to satisfy test requirements
• Configure software for data acquisition and analysis
• Prepare daily execution plans for effective use of all test resources
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
• Experience with testing, writing test plans, conducting tests, and writing test reports
• Experience with the Test Engineering lifecycle: requirements, test design, test documentation/reporting and test execution
• Experience with programming CNC machines
• Experience operating CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) machine tools
• Experience functioning as a Design Engineer (DE)
• Experience with CAD modelling
• Experience with 3D printers
• Experience with Mechanical Repair
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with experience in an engineering classification). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.