- 208279 - Manufacturing Engineer
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Camden, AR.
- 35% - Perform technical supervision and troubleshooting of complex operations involved in the manufacturing of solid rocket motors, such as propellant and explosive mixing, casting, assembly operations, insulation components and rocket motor cases.
- 35% - Originate, prepare, and maintain detailed planning (Standard Operating Procedures) for the manufacture of inert/energetic components.
- 20% - Perform hands-on pilot operations for manufacture of new inert/energetic components, development program components, troubleshoot established mechanical and chemical processes.
- 10% - Accurately report problems, solutions, and results in concise written and oral communications. Perform mathematical calculations for geometric checks and chemical mixtures. Prepare and/or maintain Bill of Materials for end items.
- Experience within chemical manufacturing or the aerospace industry highly desired.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to analyze, evaluate, solve and drive solutions to technical problems with full autonomy.
- Proficiency with MS Office products required.
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. Depending on the location of the position, visual certification requirement may apply.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or related disciplines, and at least five (5) years' experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Education MUST be accredited**
These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.