- 208294 - Associate Manufacturing Technician
- SC-South Carolina
- $16 to $19.00 DOE
- 9 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Associate Manufacturing Technician for a contract opportunity in Florence, SC.
Under supervision, monitors all operations of designated process to ensure safe chemical procedures, quality standards and compliance with regulatory requirements for working with and handling raw materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients, and spray dried products. Makes decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge.
• Operate automated and manual chemical process equipment and conduct associated activities such as sampling, chemical/material handling, cleaning and maintenance in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, current Good Manufacturing Procedures and Safety guidelines.
• Maintain a clean and safe process area.
• Perform manual and computer operations (Rockwell PlantPAx® Distributed Control System) to manufacture spray dried products ensuring compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies, as well as company policies and procedures.
• Monitor all operations of designated process to ensure safe chemical procedures, quality standards and compliance with regulatory requirements. Adhere to Safety & Environmental guidelines/policies as well as cGMP and other applicable regulatory agencies.
• Accurately record and analyze against standards all processing data gathered from automation system, laboratory results, etc. to ensure operating standards are met. Make approved adjustments as appropriate to maintain process parameters within designated limits.
• Make recommendations regarding improving process operations.
• Obtain samples of process streams or products in accordance with company procedures; submit samples to IPC Lab or perform tests to determine specific properties; Record/analyze results and take appropriate action.
• Inspect finished product to assure adherence to specifications such as appearance, foreign substances and packaging or labeling requirements as required.
• Receive and check material deliveries and complete appropriate records in accordance with company procedures (batch records and SOPs).
• Administer, document and maintain the Quality Systems conformance to regulatory requirements and company policies where appropriate through effective use of Quality Systems tools, as well as direct actions.
• Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in production/manufacturing as an operator or equipment maintenance technician with manufacturing equipment or an associate degree required. Experience in a chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Experience working with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered based on the above requirements.
• Good knowledge and understanding of basic equipment. Good problem-solving skills and logical approach to solving problems. Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills to foster the team environment. Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to apply basic mathematical principles.
• Strong attention to detail and drives to accomplish the job timely, accurately and safely the first time is required, as well as the ability to work closely and effectively in a team environment. This position will generally require the ability to work a 12-hour rotating shift in a 24-hour, 7 day per week operation to include evenings and holidays. Ability to apply knowledge of Good Manufacturing processes and the knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical processes, equipment, instrumentation, and procedures.
Employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; sit and to talk or hear. The employee is required to walk and stoop, or kneel, crouch approximately 80% of the time. The employee is required to ascend/ descend stairs approximately 20% of the time, lift a maximum of 50 lbs., and sit for a maximum of 4 hours. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts with 7 day per week availability and work approved overtime as needed.
Accredited High school diploma or equivalent.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.