- 208301 - Material Handler II
- Up to $20.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Handler II for a contract opportunity in Eugene, OR.
Eugene, Or. Logistics team is looking for a Material Handler II to join their team. This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of internal personnel.
• Receive materials and/or finished goods along with Picking/Packing finished goods daily.
• Verify the quality, type, and quantity of materials picked/packed are accurate and that the appropriate documentation is present (ex. packing list).
• Examine, sort, arrange, count, store, pick, and pack items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
• Prepare routine documentation.
• Prepare and ship materials plus finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
• May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
• 2 years of material handling experience preferred.
• Good communication and customer service skills.
• Functional knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
• Capability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within Distribution & Receiving.
• Flexibility with recurring work situations and tasks.
• Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules.
• Follow warehouse safety standards and use of appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
• Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant software (Excel and Word) a plus.
• Ability to learn how to drive a Forklift.
• This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and, also may require overtime when demand fluctuates. Unplanned unapproved/missed-time is required to be kept at a minimum.
The above position will require you to work a flexible shift pattern.
We must have someone who is: a strong communicator, a team player, highly motivated, doesn't get bothered by small things, driven, and who is willing to be trained on new things. A HS diploma/equivalent is required. The HM would be open to someone who meets the education requirements but doesnt have as much material handling experience, as long as they are willing to learn and be a team player.
Accredited High school diploma or equivalent required.
Full-Time/Mon-Fri First Shift; 6am-2:30pm.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.