- 208374 - Welder
- Up to $31.61 DOE
- 12 months to perm
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 (two) Welders for a direct hire opportunity in Redmond, WA.
Welders are responsible for GTA welding rocket components and assemblies. Will occasionally support welding of tooling and test equipment. In addition to GTA welding, some orbital welding and resistance spot welding will be required. More experienced Welders are responsible for welding various metals of Company products, fixtures, test stands, industrial structures, tooling and related equipment, components and product parts by using available welding processes. This includes manual fusion welding and by mechanized or automated processes, including laser, in-place-tube, to do longitudinal and circumferential welding of assemblies. Welders are responsible for performing setups, following written instructions as well as ensuring the final weld meets internal and customer specification requirements as defined in the work instructions.
- Read/follow work instructions, weld schedules and specifications
- Perform setup work including heat sinks, weld fixtures, purge lines, etc.
- Manual GTA welding
- Orbital welding
- Resistance spot welding
- Perform visual inspection on welds to ensure compliance, including some limited dimensional inspection
- Complete training, attend company meetings, clean/organize work area, etc. More experienced Welders:
- Set up and operate automatic inert gas arc welding machines to do such welding as longitudinal and circumferential welding of assemblies.
- Layout locations and make own setups as required.
- Weld Company products by certified processes maintaining critical alignment tolerances and improvising tooling and holding fixtures as required.
- Manually fusion weld various metals for fabrication of tooling, and maintenance, repair and assembly of plant machinery, equipment and buildings.
Six+ (6+) years of welding experience strongly desired.
- G.T.A.W. experience welding hard alloys. Stainless steel, titanium, Inconel and/or steel
- Experience controlling weld distortion and shrinkage
- Proficient with proper and safe usage of welding, grinding equipment and PPE
- Ability to execute to written instructions
- Familiarity with interpreting engineering drawings/blue prints (dimensions, weld symbols, etc.)
- Must have a proven safety record and experience with PPE.
- Experience reading, comprehending and using planning and drawings to meet required specification requirements.
- Current or prior certification to AWS D17.1
- Proficiency welding small or thin components, .030" thick or less
- Welding complex assemblies with limited access
- Automatic or orbital welding experience
- Resistance spot welding
- Proficiency using precision calibrated tools (calipers, micrometers, height gauge, torque wrench, etc)
- Experience welding duct assemblies (or similar) and controlling weld distortion and shrinkage.
- Prior experience welding Rocket engines and or propulsion systems.
- Prior experience using mixed torch gases (95Ar / 5H2, Argon Helium mixes).
- Prior certification in In-Place-Tube, Automatic or Orbital Welding.
The work environment may require a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry /push/pull up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
Accredited High School or equivalent preferred and three+ (3+) years of welding experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
These are day shift positions scheduled to work 4 days per week, 10 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 5:30am to 4:00pm (flexible).
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.