- 208515 - Mechanical Engineer3
- $50.12 to $63.55 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking one Mechanical Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
This position is for an experienced electronics thermal engineer to design and test sensor, radar, and antenna cooling systems and components. The scope of the role extends from the thermal analysis and design CCA and device level to the system level cooling design for entire sensor offerings, across multiple domains. An ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of electronics cooling analysis and design and experience with conduction, convection, radiation and two-phase heat transfer.
• Design advanced electronics thermal management solutions using heat transfer principles to meet optimal thermal performance.
• Perform electronics thermal analysis requiring experience in heat transfer including liquid cooled, air-cooled, two-phase flow, and refrigeration thermal solutions for Mission Systems platforms systems such as airborne, ground based, and naval applications.
• Lead thermal designs by owning thermal requirements, thermal architecture, and thermal performance of the design.
• Provide oral and written presentations to internal and external customers as well as mentor less experienced thermal engineers.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 14 years of related experience, 12 years with a Master, 9 years with a PhD.
• Thermal engineering experience in electronics cooling, to include experience in heat transfer, liquid cooled, air-cooled, and thermal control systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to work efficiently in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
• Strong hands-on work ethic.
• Prior experience mentoring junior engineers.
• Proven record of working in a production or development thermal design environment
• Advanced Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with concentration in Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics
• Experience advancing the state of the art for next generation electronics thermal design
• Knowledge of thermal management techniques such as Finite Volume Analysis, Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
• Prior electronics cooling experience with an emphasis on thermal management design
• Prior experience leading the thermal design of systems, CCAs and microelectronics level thermal designs.
• Extensive thermal design verification testing experience
• Extensive experience mentoring junior engineers.
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. Position is 100% on site.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.