- 208639 - Assembler II
- Up to $23.10 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler II for a contract opportunity in Hillsboro, OR.
· Following all safety requirements, cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices), and quality requirements
· Following work instruction document, standard operating procedures and standard works
· Assembling product using specific written instructions(WI) , blueprints and drawings
· Record correct and accurate documentation in Production Control Documents
· Perform inspection of in-process and finished product
· Process Management by simplifying complex processes; getting more out of fewer resources; understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow
· In charge of lines
· Focuses on outgoing improvement of documentation inside of the cleanroom
· Ensuring all work instructions and procedures are followed
· Build and develop a workforce that adheres to all procedures and Work Instruction Documents
· Improve the production processes by using the tool's outline in PPI (Practical Process Improvement)
· Participate in PPI (Practical Process Improvements), Lean and Continuous Improvement activities including 5S activities
· Assist in training function of co-workers and mentoring
· Daily Schedule adherence
· years production experience (preferred)
· 1 year experience leading a team in a professional work environment
· Lean Manufacturing experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Good verbal/written communication
· Ability to follow sophisticated procedures
· Adherence to Good Manufacturing Principles
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Advanced communication & problem-solving skills
· Ability to identify waste and improve processes
· Ability to challenge the status quo
· Time management
· Ability to delegate & influence
· Continuous Improvement Certification a plus (i.e. Six Sigma)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced controlled cleanroom environment up to 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required
· The Clean room is controlled at greater than 30% humidity with a temperature between 60º and 70º
· The Clean room has some ambient noise.
· Specific gowning is required including gloves, hair & beard net and face cover, safety glasses with no makeup / jewelry, and the like.
· Position requires forceful gripping/grasping and repetitive motion including pushing and pulling
· Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and understand chemical hygiene including labels and SDS (Safety Data Sheets), common chemicals are disinfecting, solvents and IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol 70% and 99%)
· ·Ability to stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, grasping
· Ability to use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
· ·Ability to infrequently lift and manipulate up to 40 pounds unassisted
Accredited High School Diploma or equivalent required
Full-Time; 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.