- 208717 - Systems Engineer 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $133.82 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Azusa, CA.
We need qualified system engineers with an emphasis in applied math to fill Line-of-Sight (LOS), image processing, data exploitation algorithms development, testing and tuning needs on OPIR programs. Strong mathematics background in numerical methods and statistics strong desired. We have many payloads in different stages of their life including proposal and design, requirements and verification, ground testing and calibration, launch and on-orbit testing and calibration, and sustainment and anomaly resolution. Work may include payload design, payload and space vehicle integration and test, analyzing LOS calibration system performance for on-orbit payloads as well as in support of flight readiness test activities for payload and ground systems. Ideal candidate will have a technical understanding of LOS calibration techniques such as mechanical and optical misalignment compensation in a space environment, calibration errors associated with gyros, IMUs, and optical encoders, understanding of orbital mechanics and commonly used orbital reference frames and time systems; a working knowledge of Kalman filtering and least squares estimation techniques is strongly desired.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM field plus 9 or more years of relevant work experience, OR a Master’s degree in a STEM field with 7 years of experience, OR a PhD in a STEM field with 4 years of relevant experience
• Professional or coursework experience in the area applied math
• Moderate written, oral and presentation communication skills
• MATLAB experience required, Python and C++ are good to have as well.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM field plus 14 or more years of relevant work experience, OR a Master’s degree in a STEM field with 12 years of experience, OR a PhD in a STEM field with 9 years of relevant experience
• Professional experience with applied mathematics for embedded systems and numerical error analysis..
• Proficiency with Mathworks MATLAB.
• Experience with typical electro-optical pointing hardware such as encoders, resolvers, inertial measurement units, motors, as well as pointing and control flight software constructs such as onboard attitude propagation and calibration, motor control, and anomaly, diagnostic, and resolution applications.
• Technical understanding in LOS calibration techniques and working knowledge of Kalman filtering and least squares estimation techniques.
• Proficiency in MATLAB and object-oriented programming.
• Understanding of payload operations in relation to OPIR.
• Familiarity with commonly used tools in both MS Windows & Unix environments.
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. Hybrid work of 2 days on-site and 3 at home until around May that then may change to fully on-site.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.