- 208762 - Flight Line Inspectors
- San Antonio
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 6 Flight Line Inspectors for a contract opportunity in San Antonio, TX.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
Qualified candidates will verify and inspect routine final component installation, as well as, support system operational functional validation testing. Supports and validates system operational functional testing. Performs rework, modification, maintenance, preflight and post-flight checks for delivery. FAA Airframe & Powerplant license preferred but not required. Flight Line Inspectors verify and inspect rework, modification, maintenance, preflight and post-flight checks for delivery, including, supporting troubleshooting pre and post-flight checks and verification of maintenance and modification actions for delivery of aircraft. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to aircraft safety and quality while working in a flight line environment around live aircraft. This inspector implements quality control and safety plans to ensure compliance with contract specifications and applicable regulations, inspects all phases of a variety of goods, services or operation for conformity to established quality, health and safety, and other operational standards by performing on-going work for compliance with contractual provisions; ensures all services listed on the performance requirement summary are performed in a satisfactory manner, specifies areas to be inspected (scheduled and unscheduled) and how often inspections will be accomplished, communicates deficiencies to proper persons, maintains Quality Control files, and document results of all inspections.
• Conducts inspection of pre-flight and post-flight checks and performs inspections of maintenance and modification prior to delivery.
• Position can require working in confined spaces of the wing fuel cells for extended periods
• Continuous (6-8 Hrs.) Flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent back), handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching (overhead), Lying down (back, side, front), rotation of head/neck, standing, twisting at the waist, walking
• Verification and inspection of removal, repair and Installation of components to support the correction of failures or implement changes.
• Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
• Inspects system components before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components.
• Verifies and inspects the aircraft surfaces preparation and inspects and verifies application of sealant, adhesives, and associated chemicals to reassure the integrity of Internal/External Tank Fuel Systems and components.
• Ensures that appropriate revisions of drawings and other documents are being used.
• Review and verify manufacturing plans and other work instructions for completeness
• Identifies and initiation of non-conformances
• Segregates and controls non-conforming items
• Conducts product review with customer during product or process verification
• Identifies repetitive or significant non-conformances and initiates requests for corrective action
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working on aircraft systems and components
• Ability to walk constantly throughout the workday; stand 6-8 hours per day; climb or work from stairs/steps up to 8 hours per day; climb ladders; bend and twist frequently up to six hours per day; squat and kneel
• Ability to complete Fall Protection Training
• Ability to use a respirator or have been respirator certified
• Capable of working in confined spaces.
• Quality Inspector experience
• Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts.
• Must be willing to travel to support aircraft at other sites
• FAA Airframe & Powerplant license preferred.
• Experience on 787 aircraft preferred.
• Flightline Experience
• 1+ years of experience using Velocity and CMES systems experience
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Experience understanding and interpreting detailed written and verbal work instructions and processes
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/st
• Occasional contact with metals
• Frequent exposure to noise
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate). Education must be accredited. Successfully completing training is a contingency for this assignment.
10% or less domestic travel to BSC.
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
WORK HOURS: All submitted candidates should be available to work variable shifts based on business need.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.