- 208791 - Senior Machining Process Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Canoga Park
- Up to $113000.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Machining Process Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Canoga Park, CA.
Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support for developmental and production liquid rocket motor programs through the application of established manufacturing engineering procedures:
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing process machining plans, provide training and guidance to shop for personnel related implementation of planning.
- Assist in developing and implementing processing improvements using process variation management/statistical process control tools.
- Lead and investigate non-conformance issues using relentless root cause analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of engineering drawings, GD&T, blueprints, production plans and/or work instructions.
- Knowledge of machine tools and equipment, machine shop procedures and practices, principals and properties.
- Knowledge of basic shop mathematic principles to solve problems.
- Read and interpret information from planning documents, drawings, tool orders, blueprints, sketches, specifications, engineering orders and quality assurance manuals to determine the methods and sequence of operations necessary to completely fabricate and machine all types and sizes of rocket engine components.
- Assignments may involve supporting theoretical and experimental investigations, and assisting in planning of resources to support production requirements.
- Working under the direction of more senior Manufacturing Engineering staff, and with guidance from Design Engineering, Quality Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety representatives assist in the preparation and maintenance of detailed safe process instructions by following established manufacturing and SH&E procedures. Perform technical supervision and troubleshooting of complex operations involved in the manufacture of machined details for Liquid Rockets
- Review established rocket motor machining process instructions, monitor machining activities for compliance with established safe process instructions. Originate, prepare, and maintain detailed documentation (Standard Operating Procedures) for the safe manufacture of rocket motors and components.
- Assist in analysis and development of solutions to specific manufacturing problems utilizing manufacturing engineering techniques such as specification of tooling and organization of work flow. Prepare process flow diagrams, lead Process Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (PFMEA), process hazards analysis, job safety analysis and use systematic approach and tools to identify root causes and problem solving. Perform mathematical calculations for geometric checks and chemical mixtures. Accurately report problems, solutions, and results, in concise written and oral communications.
- Assist in preparing for and participate in process and manufacturing reviews. Participate in preliminary and critical design reviews. Interface with internal/external customers.
Experience should include demonstrated ability in manufacturing and the ability to interpret end item drawings. Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and statistical process control tools a plus.
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. May require the ability to travel by air or auto.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related engineering/technical discipline and five (5) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
**Education MUST be accredited**
These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.