- 208864 - Material Process Engineer 3
- $46.9 to $58.62 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Process Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
Analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems.
Applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes. Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design allowables, processing processes and quality engineering specifications.
Material analyses may include failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and requirement specifications.
May review and approve subcontractor material processing procedures.
• Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems of company products. Use advanced structural and product design engineering software tools. Solid knowledge of GD&T principles and application to designs
• With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems. Applies engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature
• Makes an extra effort to provide quality customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs
• Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes
• Perform complex engineering design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects
• Develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, etc.
• Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results
• Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution
• Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines
• Perform research for related engineering projects
• Represent the organization as a contact on projects
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 2 years of related engineering experience; OR a Master’s degree in STEM with 0 years of related engineering experience
Must have experience in composite materials as they relate to rocket motors etc.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge in carbon composites
• NX or other CAD experience
• GD&T training i
• Ability to present technical content to peers and project groups
• Familiarity with Matlab, Python, Linux
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week. 100% On-Site.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x227 or (800) 927-9318 x227
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.