- 208937 - Configuration Management Engineer
- Grand Prairie
- Up to $48.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Configuration Management Engineer for a hybrid contract opportunity in Grand Prairie, TX.
The candidate will perform all facets of configuration control. Primary responsibilities include management of the Document Release process, Data Management, Supplier Management, Configuration Status Accounting, and management of Configuration Control Board.
Additionally, the candidate could
-Analyze proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system.
-Coordinate modification records for management control.
-Establish change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor.
-Prepare reports of change effect on overall product.
-Review and analyze released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
-Ensure that customer requirements are implemented, and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
-Utilize designated databases and tools to generate and track engineering changes and to maintain serial/lot identification records for each serially controlled item.
-Facilitate coordinated efforts of Manufacturing, Procurement, and Quality organizations. Ensure timely incorporation and proper documentation of engineering changes. Act as liaison concerning as-built configurations and serialization.
- Experience with electronic data vaulting and releasing of digital data formally and informally.
- Prior experience with data management tools and methods for tracking deliverables from/to customer and from/to sub-contractors for CDRL/SDRL processing.
- Prior experience working with Suppliers in support of CM program requirements.
- Prior experience with PLM to perform Configuration Status Accounting.
- Possess good computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office software.
- Familiarity with markings, formatting, and handling of documentation.
- Experience with SharePoint and Confluence management and control.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in document release and CDRL/SDRL processing.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills and experience with interacting with all levels of program leadership, customers, and suppliers. The candidate must possess good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and experience with configuration and document management systems.
- Prior experience with Software Configuration Management.
- Experience is desired in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with DoD Government contracts.
Accredited High School Diploma or GED.
Part time - 20 hrs/wk (ideally 5hrs/day, Monday - Thursday.) Telework > 50% (would be required to be on site 1 day per week).
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.