- 208992 - Electronics Integration and Test Engineer
- Up to $113000.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronics Integration and Test Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Huntsville, AL.
- Support test operations by ensuring special test equipment are maintained, certified, and fully operational. When issues arise, efficiently perform failure analysis to identify the issue and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Work closely with hardware and software team members to ensure flawless integration of test equipment, flight hardware, and flight software.
- Support test equipment development and upgrade activities including requirements capture, drawing development, vendor evaluation, requirement verification, and equipment validation.
Current development activities include:
- Deployment of an upgrade to the lab control digital system, which is used to configure the lab for testing and for inserting real-time failures into the system.
- Development of a next-generation Simulation Interface Adapter (SIA), which is the hardware interface between the software engine model and the hardware engine controller. The SIA simulates all engine sensors and effectors.
- Develop test operation procedures and test equipment certification procedures.
- Industry experience with the development of custom test equipment including system architecture, hardware design and development, requirement verification and validation.
- Knowledgeable in measurement and sampling techniques to accurately measure and record data.
- Knowledgeable in common communication protocols used to command common lab equipment such o-scopes, power supplies, waveform generators, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experienced in the verification of test systems to show compliance to system requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot test systems, identify root cause, and implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
**Education MUST be accredited**
These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x256 or (800) 927-9318 x256
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.