- 209008 - Operations Technician
- $16 to $20.90 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Operations Technician l for a contract opportunity in Franklin, MA.
We want enthusiastic, dependable, hard-working, standout colleagues that will make a difference for our customers and fellow colleagues every day. The impact you will have could be anything from delivering products that help a scientist discover a cure for cancer to helping a nurse care for a patient effectively because they have the right equipment.
• Receiving, examining, sorting, arranging, counting, storing, picking, and packing items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
• Using an inventory management system for data entry, sample tracking, and management of samples.
• Preparing and filing routine documentation.
• Maintaining quality metrics.
• Participating in process improvement activities.
• Operating material handling equipment (e.g., hand truck, pallet jack, etc.).
• Working in and out of a +4c walk-in Cold Room, -20c walk-in Freezer, and -40c walk-in Freezer.
• Handling material and specimens stored at temperatures down to -196c.
• Requires a minimum of 6-months proven experience.
• Experience with Inventory Control and/or with a life science company is a plus.
• Knowledge gained by working in an FDA regulated environment using Good Document Practices.
• Experience using handheld scanners, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) or lean tools is preferred.
• Requires knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to stand and move about the warehouse for significant periods of time (involving walking, stooping, bending, and reaching) required.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Desire to work as part of a team, but also able to work independently and solve problems quickly.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, push up to 70 lbs frequently, and push up to 100 lbs occasionally.
Accredited High School Diploma or GED
Full-Time; M-F between 8AM - 4:30PM.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.