- 209137 - Web Development Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Seal Beach
- Up to $90.84 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Web Development Engineer for a contract opportunity in Seal Beach, CA.
*This position is 100% ONSITE.
This senior position requires proven experience within the software ecosystem, a unique background of project experience, and the clear exhibition of superior judgment and decision making to engineer new solutions and capabilities. Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Develop and maintain requirements, architectures, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Write software code and integrate completed software components into a fully functional software system.
- Perform software development in the agile methodology utilizing a DevSecOps environment where you will support continuous improvement.
- Build software test procedures and environments, execute the tests and document results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Support the presentation of progress demonstrations to customer representatives and satellite program leadership.
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
- MUST HAVE 7 or more years of experience with the Java, and/or Python software languages.
- Experience with front-end web application development.
- Software development experience in a collaborative team environment using agile principles and a structured development process including code reviews and DevOps processes/tools.
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, etc.
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification.
Experience using SonarQube and/or Coverity to manage code quality.
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies and containerized applications and frameworks (Jupyter, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm).
- Experience with Python numerical tools (numpy, scipy), GIS tools for python & map front-ends (OpenLayers/Cesium).
- Experience with databases using PostgreSQL, including Geospatial, Multi-Level Security, Alembic/migration and/or Oracle Spatial/Database Vault capabilities.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
Alejandro Diaz Tejada
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x229 or (800) 927-9318 x229
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.