- 209166 - Systems Engineer 4
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking 2 Systems Engineer 4s for a contract opportunity Everett, WA.
*This position is HYBRID. Monday - Thursday. Most Fridays permit virtual work.
Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
Develops, maintains, and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- 9+ years of experience performing system safety analysis and/or studies
- Experience conducting Airplane Level Safety Analysis
- Working knowledge of ARP4754 and ARP4761
- 14+ years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 9+ years of experience with commercial airplane certification, safety requirements and procedures
- 9+ years of working knowledge of Hazard Analyses, FMEA's, Airplane Level Threats (Particular Risk Analyses) and Fault Trees and/or System Safety Assessments (SSAs)
- Experience with FAR Part 25.1309, and industry practices like ARP 4761 & 4754
- 9+ years of experience developing/applying aviation related system safety analysis methods such as System Safety Risk Assessments, Fault-tree Analysis (FTA), Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA) and Safety Assessment Report (SAR)
- 5+ years of experience in Commercial Airplane-Systems design or analysis (e.g. Flight Controls, Hydraulics, Avionics, Fuels, etc.) or Systems Integration
- Pilots license
If hired, successful completion of training is a contingency for this assignment.
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+5 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard..
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Start time flexible between 630-830am dependent on daily meetings
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x306 or (800) 927-9318 x306
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.