- 210039 - Master Scheduler
- 6+ months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Master Scheduler for a contract opportunity in Shawnee, OK.
100% on site
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a valid master schedule for material and capacities by effectively balancing supply demand for product. Delivers a valid master schedule aligned with the operating plan resulting from Sales and Operations Planning (SOP) that is the basis to lead Planners to create detailed production schedules, which are executable on the shop floor, level loaded, and optimize capacity utilization and inventory.
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Develop proposals on headcount, shifts, and capital needed to achieve the sales plan - short term and long term.
- Lead the supply step of the SOP process for the plant (RCCP) as measured by SOP schedule attainment. Reviews / audits SOP Forecast for demand inconsistencies.
- Site lead for Demand Control weekly reviews.
- Address not promised at expected lead time. Resolves Demand Filter conflicts within 24 hours of order entry based on production capacity and availability of purchased and manufactured components.
- Provides level loaded plan based on manufacturing line rate agreed to in SIOP.
- Ensure that the master schedule reflects all known and anticipated constraints (capacity availability and material availability).
- Define the horizon at which a planner will transition the rough-cut capacity plan to finite capacity planning on key constraint work centers (RCCP)
- ERP monitor champion in order to accomplish plant goals. OTD, Past Due, Inventory, Item Master, etc.
- Monitor sales order ship dates vs. perform date to highlight gaps to customer's expectations.
- Perform audit to item master, lead time segmentation and key parameters related to the plant blueprint.
- Perform review and adjustment of PFEP parameters to ensure ERP system accuracy
- Support to New Products Introduction (NPI)
- Publish some of the following metrics Sales, OTD, Past Due, Work Order Attainment, etc.
- Works closely with the demand planning team to continuously improve forecast accuracy Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
- Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
- Paste Due
- Work Order Attainment
- Forecast Accuracy
Capacity Planning: Determines the production capacity required by a supplier or a plant to meet forecasted customer demand. The capacity planner must be able to calculate the maximum amount of work that an organization is capable of manufacturing in a given period of time and adjust its utilization based on inputs from various processes, including OEE and SOP.
Inventory Management & Optimization: Ensures product availability through inventory administration activities such as demand planning, stock optimization, and monitoring the age of the product. Inventory levels are set to meet customer service requirements with a minimum amount of inventory.
Demand Management: Uses of qualitative and quantitative methods to predict short-term incoming demand for use as an input into the Sales, Inventory, & Operations Planning (SIOP) process. The competency includes the use of analytical techniques and software to generate baseline statistical forecasts.
Master Production Scheduling: The knowledge and creation of an overall production plan over a specified time horizon which includes a list of part numbers, quantities, and due dates. The competency includes the evaluation of capacity, demand and material availability of the operation to ensure an effective supply and demand balance.
Materials Replenishment Planning: Uses forecasting, demand planning, scheduling and inventory management tools, and concepts necessary to analyze optimal placement and velocity of materials required in the manufacturing and distribution process.
Order Management: Possess the knowledge and skills necessary to manage the receipt and scheduling of customer orders. Processes included in this competency include standard order receipt, exception identification, and exception resolution. Key to the success of this function are;
1) the ability to work effectively with customers to clarify requirements and negotiate solutions when constraints exist
2) the ability to work effectively with other client functions to assess ability to meet customer needs and to develop work-around solutions when necessary.
Supply Chain Continuity Planning: Seeks to optimize supply chain strategy, processes, human resources, technology and knowledge. Supply Chain Continuity Planning controls, monitors and evaluates supply chain risk, which serves to safeguard against new uncertainties that may emerge affecting profitability.
Negotiation: Is cognizant of the process necessary to skillfully negotiate in difficult situations with internal customers and external suppliers; is competent in settling differences in a forceful yet diplomatic fashion to reach an agreement on the terms and conditions surrounding a commodity purchase transaction.
- List the applicable functional/technical competencies required to complete the essential functions of this position
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an applicable Planning / Supply Chain role
- Experience in a complex, industrial manufacturing environment
- Expert in MS Office /Excel
- Experience in MRP, MPS, Min-Max tools.
- Experience in ERP systems
- APICS CPIM certification qualification or commitment to complete equivalent.
- Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Gets Results
- Builds Organizational Capability
- Demonstrates a Leadership Style
- Strong ethics and professional presence required
- Negotiation skills and experience with suppliers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Proactive and organized
- Teamwork player
Bachelor's degree required. Industrial Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain preferred. Education must be accredited.
Full-Time - 1st shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.